<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 20, 2010

Stronger

It's been awhile since I have written anything here.

I've been taking Wellbutrin for three months and visiting a therapist for a little less than that. It helps.

My 30th birthday came and went. I had a great time celebrating and my husband completely spoiled me with gifts. Good thing I have another six months to come up with ideas for his, ha.

We are moving to San Francisco soon. That is the plan. That thought is coloring every day, and all the small things we are doing on our way to getting there.

I'm applying to grad school. It's what I want to do, but that doesn't make it any less terrifying. Don't know if terrifying's the right word, except that's all I have. Change, good or bad, can be stressful.

I'm making a list of all the music I want but can't afford. I might do something with it. For one thing, I'm keeping it in my iPOD so that next time I get to a record store I'm not scratching my head going, "What is it I've been wanting for a long time again?" Or finding the band but not knowing which album has the one song I really, really like, even though all their stuff is good.

I'm counting down the days to our next trip. It's not all for fun; there is business at hand. I'm taking two exams: the CSET: Multiple Subject, and the CSET: Writing. Now the latter will be cake. I've already looked at some sample questions and answers and it will be fine. The former, is going to take some work. The test is broken up into three subtests that are further subdivided into sections, and that cover multiple disciplines, the largest umbrellas being Reading, Language, and Literature; History and Social Science; Math and Science; and Physical Education, Human Development, and Visual and Performing Arts. This test is no joke. I'm taking it November 6.

My mom is cancer free again. My grandmother has bladder cancer, and just finished treatment. She didn't have to do chemo; they did a different kind of treatment that wasn't as harsh, I guess. She lost a kidney, but she is doing OK. My grandpa had his follow-up for the lymphoma. He is still cancer-free, and they are going to wait six months between checkups this time. They said he's already been cancer-free for two years. I can't believe it. My best friend's mom was battling anal cancer too, and just had another good checkup, so they are going to Hawaii for two weeks - her mom's first vacation in five years. Another friend of mine, her father had a rare form of cancer, and he had to undergo chemo and radiation, but he is in remission now, too.

That was just an update, and I wanted to share the good news, but man, that's a lot of cancer, isn't it? Get the feeling as time goes on we are going to encounter more and more of it.

I am very strong, and I am just getting stronger.

Labels: , , , ,


1 Comments:

I'm glad to hear your grandma is okay. Your Mom too. My grandpa is still fighting it and it will probably be his end. It's good to hear such good things.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?