Friday, April 17, 2009
Low Tolerance for Ignorance
I wish I had something insightful to say today. Yesterday I had some ideas, early on.
Today I am tired. More than tired, I am downright pissed off.
The drama isn't even worth dispelling into cyberspace, really.
What it comes down to is, I kinda hate these people. Also, I kinda hate my job, which is a tough thing to say for a plethora of reasons. One of them is that I make decent money. The other is that I have full benefits. Another is that I met the love of my life here.
I could make a-whole-nother list concerning that. I could also make comparisons. I can think about standing on my feet for 13 hours. Fifteen hours even. I can talk about dealing with drunks.
But what has me down at this moment is that it just seems like no matter where you go, you will find assholes. Not only assholes, but people stuck with their heads between there knees and riding right up their asses.
Worse, working in academia, or anywhere you may be surrounded with at least college-educated people, you find, that you will meet and continue to meet the most highly educated and equally ignorant people you have ever met. Worse than that is that some of them are old, could be twice your age, could make twice as much money. And they are never, ever, ever going to see past their own narrow and pointed noses.
What's worse is that when you think that, then you start to see all the young people, and you wonder if they will grow up to have half a brain either, even after getting their B.A.
And then you think about them finding jobs and owning houses, possibly voting, or worse, procreating, and then all the sudden your heart fills up with something unfamiliar, but something that doesn't feel good.
You hold onto hope and you tell yourself to breathe. To be good to the ones you love. But man, the world is full of them. And so many who know the least consider themselves the most important. Self-righteous, ignorant, brown-nosing, fake ass, ridiculous motherfuckers.
Or maybe they see something in you. Maybe they are just jealous. Maybe, especially the older ones, maybe deep down they know that who they are and what they do has no meaning or importance, and maybe they take it out on you because they can smell that you've got a grasp of something they never could.
I don't know, and I wish I didn't fucking care. I don't get angry about much, but when I do, it takes so much effort to hold it while fighting it off from swallowing me. I guess you could say I'm pretty pissed off at the moment, is all.
I'll get over it. That's another thing that I have to remind myself that they don't know. And that's where I've been, where I came from, and where I'm going. These people have no fucking clue.
I wish I had something insightful to say today. Yesterday I had some ideas, early on.
Today I am tired. More than tired, I am downright pissed off.
The drama isn't even worth dispelling into cyberspace, really.
What it comes down to is, I kinda hate these people. Also, I kinda hate my job, which is a tough thing to say for a plethora of reasons. One of them is that I make decent money. The other is that I have full benefits. Another is that I met the love of my life here.
I could make a-whole-nother list concerning that. I could also make comparisons. I can think about standing on my feet for 13 hours. Fifteen hours even. I can talk about dealing with drunks.
But what has me down at this moment is that it just seems like no matter where you go, you will find assholes. Not only assholes, but people stuck with their heads between there knees and riding right up their asses.
Worse, working in academia, or anywhere you may be surrounded with at least college-educated people, you find, that you will meet and continue to meet the most highly educated and equally ignorant people you have ever met. Worse than that is that some of them are old, could be twice your age, could make twice as much money. And they are never, ever, ever going to see past their own narrow and pointed noses.
What's worse is that when you think that, then you start to see all the young people, and you wonder if they will grow up to have half a brain either, even after getting their B.A.
And then you think about them finding jobs and owning houses, possibly voting, or worse, procreating, and then all the sudden your heart fills up with something unfamiliar, but something that doesn't feel good.
You hold onto hope and you tell yourself to breathe. To be good to the ones you love. But man, the world is full of them. And so many who know the least consider themselves the most important. Self-righteous, ignorant, brown-nosing, fake ass, ridiculous motherfuckers.
Or maybe they see something in you. Maybe they are just jealous. Maybe, especially the older ones, maybe deep down they know that who they are and what they do has no meaning or importance, and maybe they take it out on you because they can smell that you've got a grasp of something they never could.
I don't know, and I wish I didn't fucking care. I don't get angry about much, but when I do, it takes so much effort to hold it while fighting it off from swallowing me. I guess you could say I'm pretty pissed off at the moment, is all.
I'll get over it. That's another thing that I have to remind myself that they don't know. And that's where I've been, where I came from, and where I'm going. These people have no fucking clue.
Labels: Ignorance