Friday, January 16, 2009
Different Names for the Same Things
I miss when Death Cab used to be good.
I must have heard "I Will Possess Your Heart" on the radio at least 10,000 times in L.A. -- almost enough times to make me like it all right.
But man, every time something off Transatlanticism or Plans plays on my Jango station, I think, now there's a band I know and love. I don't think I've ever felt so nostalgic about something that seemed to so effortlessly flood the present air.
Still, I was in a SoCal Macy's and I heard a much older song of theirs -- one I'd heard a thousand times but couldn't remember. It was like seeing the face of someone you knew a long time ago and forgetting their name, only to realize you were best friends in second grade.
I miss when Death Cab used to be good.
I must have heard "I Will Possess Your Heart" on the radio at least 10,000 times in L.A. -- almost enough times to make me like it all right.
But man, every time something off Transatlanticism or Plans plays on my Jango station, I think, now there's a band I know and love. I don't think I've ever felt so nostalgic about something that seemed to so effortlessly flood the present air.
Still, I was in a SoCal Macy's and I heard a much older song of theirs -- one I'd heard a thousand times but couldn't remember. It was like seeing the face of someone you knew a long time ago and forgetting their name, only to realize you were best friends in second grade.