<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Conversation with My Dad

The smear Obama emails are a huge hit in my family. I get 'em all the time. I also get some real articles, like an editorial that was in the Wall Street journal poking fun at what was described as a magical, whimsical, sleight of hand tax plan possible only with a magic wand and a great hat.

I've got relatives in Chicago to who swear he hasn't done diddly since he's been in the Senate. They don't actually want to hear the numbers on comparing pieces of legislation written and proposed versus years in office for he and McCain, of course.

I read the emails with some interest. Even my 12-year-old cousin wrote to me that Obama is a terrorist, but I don't much care for arguing politics with 12-year-olds. She's not old enough to vote, anyway. The problem is much like a child believing her parents, some older voters, especially in my opinion baby boomers, have been brought up to trust their government and allow it the same credibility.

Today, for a change of pace, I sent an email to the usual suspects who bombard me with constant fallacies on their way to snopes.com. It was the story about Obama giving the Norwegian lady $100 to take her luggage to her husband. I checked the story first of course, and it seemed all right to me, and in all honesty, I just found it amusing.

My dad replied in one line, basically that after Obama spreads the wealth around no one will have the hundred bucks.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?