Thursday, October 09, 2008
All the Small Things
1. I'm so happy.
2. I would really like to write a few things about this film analysis class I'm taking. At first, I was pissed, because the professor is probably having me do the most or close to the most work I've ever had to do for any class. It is at least three times the amount of my other two classes, and hello, I'm trying to graduate. But ... But. It is becoming a sickness. I thought a was a music geek, but this class gives me so much more room to geek out than anything. Film is so incredibly fascinating. It encompasses everything I love about every other artform. There's montage: the combination of things to create new meaning. Then there's filmic, the third meaning, the obtuse, nonverbal form of communication between a film and an individual, the intangible lying beneath the surface the way a dream vanishes within the first minutes of waking.
3. I am the least lonely I have ever been in my whole life. You know that deep feeling of loneliness? The one where you walk alone or in a crowd. The one that lingers no matter what music is playing in the background. The one you feel even when surrounded by people you love. The one alive in your bones, whether asleep or awake. I don't have the right words, but it's the opposite of that, if there is such a thing, and I guess everything that exists has some opposite, so there you go.
1. I'm so happy.
2. I would really like to write a few things about this film analysis class I'm taking. At first, I was pissed, because the professor is probably having me do the most or close to the most work I've ever had to do for any class. It is at least three times the amount of my other two classes, and hello, I'm trying to graduate. But ... But. It is becoming a sickness. I thought a was a music geek, but this class gives me so much more room to geek out than anything. Film is so incredibly fascinating. It encompasses everything I love about every other artform. There's montage: the combination of things to create new meaning. Then there's filmic, the third meaning, the obtuse, nonverbal form of communication between a film and an individual, the intangible lying beneath the surface the way a dream vanishes within the first minutes of waking.
3. I am the least lonely I have ever been in my whole life. You know that deep feeling of loneliness? The one where you walk alone or in a crowd. The one that lingers no matter what music is playing in the background. The one you feel even when surrounded by people you love. The one alive in your bones, whether asleep or awake. I don't have the right words, but it's the opposite of that, if there is such a thing, and I guess everything that exists has some opposite, so there you go.
Labels: College, Happiness, Love