Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Longwinded jollynessness
Nothing like narrating your life to validate, make sense of your own experience.
Lately, I just haven't felt like doing that. Lately I've been for the most part comfortable with my past, barring a couple mistakes that still sting a little when I think about them. I'm pretty damned happy in the present, and when I think about the future, I don't really know, but it looks pretty good.
Maybe the whole narrating thing isn't completely wrong. I just know that I used to do it a lot. I also know doing so helped me out in a lot of ways, and maybe that's why for now I can't do it. It did as much as it could for me, analyzing all the old stuff, and maybe there's just not enough new stuff, and maybe it's harder to see the new stuff if you're so focused on the old stuff.
Point is I guess that although I don't feel like saying much, there's something to be said for how awesome it is when other people say things for you. 'Cause I pretty much feel like this right here.
Thanks, Belle,
Signed,
The friend of a friend who checks out your blog occasionally.
Nothing like narrating your life to validate, make sense of your own experience.
Lately, I just haven't felt like doing that. Lately I've been for the most part comfortable with my past, barring a couple mistakes that still sting a little when I think about them. I'm pretty damned happy in the present, and when I think about the future, I don't really know, but it looks pretty good.
Maybe the whole narrating thing isn't completely wrong. I just know that I used to do it a lot. I also know doing so helped me out in a lot of ways, and maybe that's why for now I can't do it. It did as much as it could for me, analyzing all the old stuff, and maybe there's just not enough new stuff, and maybe it's harder to see the new stuff if you're so focused on the old stuff.
Point is I guess that although I don't feel like saying much, there's something to be said for how awesome it is when other people say things for you. 'Cause I pretty much feel like this right here.
Thanks, Belle,
Signed,
The friend of a friend who checks out your blog occasionally.
Labels: Blogs, Mistakes, Relationships