Monday, March 24, 2008
Rarr
You know what I hate about getting older?
Getting jaded-er.
Can't help it. You experience this and that and then when seemingly similar things happen, you suspect they might turn out the same.
Or whatever.
Suppose I'm thinking about other things, and I don't just quite want to spit them out yet. Not a crime to vent without venting, yes?
You know what it's like to have a best friend that you could go months or years with out seeing and then just randomly pick up without even missing a beat? What the crap is that? I've got friends who live in other cities, and some states, where we could do that, and we can be even closer than the people I talk to regularly.
A certain easiness comes with it. A certain knowing as well.
It's not just a best friend thing, though. What about these people that are always crossing your path? You know, the ones that make you smile. The ones that make you raise an eyebrow. Can't help feeling like they only do that when you see them because you don't see them. But what if you did?
It's like a riddle I can't solve.
You know what I hate about getting older?
Getting jaded-er.
Can't help it. You experience this and that and then when seemingly similar things happen, you suspect they might turn out the same.
Or whatever.
Suppose I'm thinking about other things, and I don't just quite want to spit them out yet. Not a crime to vent without venting, yes?
You know what it's like to have a best friend that you could go months or years with out seeing and then just randomly pick up without even missing a beat? What the crap is that? I've got friends who live in other cities, and some states, where we could do that, and we can be even closer than the people I talk to regularly.
A certain easiness comes with it. A certain knowing as well.
It's not just a best friend thing, though. What about these people that are always crossing your path? You know, the ones that make you smile. The ones that make you raise an eyebrow. Can't help feeling like they only do that when you see them because you don't see them. But what if you did?
It's like a riddle I can't solve.