<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Super Super Goodnesssss

Hi.

I haven't written in awhile. But I just wanted to tell you that life is so, so good right now.

I have an awesome new job. And I'm writing entertainment stuff again at the cougar. Just for practice and to make it my business again to check out some new shit.

So far, I've gotten into two new bands like whoa: The Whigs, and Peachcake. Seriously, check them out, guys.

Peachcake is going to be playing Houston on Saturday night, and I really, really want to go. More on that later.

So my job. My job is stressful at times, but that is because my department is short-staffed to begin with, and also because I have a lot of responsibility, which I really like.

Last weekend was my first full weekend off since I can't remember. Saturday AND Sunday. I quit Chuy's once I knew my job was definitely working out.

I work weekdays only, and I have my dream schedule for school: two Internet classes, plus one during the day where my office allows me to leave and come back, so I never miss that class.

I have study groups in all three of them, and think I'm maintaining everything pretty well. To finish up my minor, I'm taking a sociology class called Popular Music & Society. It's going to rule. I'm required to listen to music basically, and read about jazz and the blues, soul and rock. I am assigned essays from time to time, where I write about the music in a social context.

I'm about to go watch UH play 1 Memphis in Basketball. I haven't even been to a basketball game since I've been in college, and I don't even know why. I've always loved the game.

It's time.

Anyway, oh and I've discovered my new favorite show, Futurama. Thanks to Joe and his awesome DVD collection.

I've started cooking again, too. The other night I made spaghetti with my own sauce. I made it different than I ever had before. I put one whole small clove of garlic, then also oregano, mozzarella cheese, rosemary, basil, crushed red pepper and black pepper. Then I chopped red onions, green and red peppers, and added them to the tomato sauce, along with a can of diced tomatoes. It was beautiful, man. Fucking awesome.

I've been baking cookies, too, although the slice and bake kind cause they're so quick and easy. And I get a kick out of it. I'm thinking, though, about possibly spending some of my newfound weekend time exploring new recipes, and maybe trying to bake some simple shit at first, from scratch.

I'm trying to find a recipe for chocolate mint bars, similar to what Starbucks makes. Andy loves them. So if anybody knows any -- uh, Beckie? Fellow bakers? -- hook me up.

Well, peace and much love, and here's to a wonderful life and a fantastic week.

Oh, and my little niece is so beautiful. She is truly a miracle and I am looking forward to spending time with her, and also waiting for the so-near day that I will hold my newborn nephew. He's coming next month.

Man, good times.

Gotta go watch the game now!

Much love,

Labels: , , , , ,


3 Comments:

http://blog.foodchannel.com/2006/12/holiday_recipe_chocolate_mint.php

http://www.copykat.com/component/option,com_rapidrecipe/Itemid,28/page,viewrecipe/recipe_id,462/

http://www.cooksrecipes.com/bar/chocolate_mint_brownie_bars_recipe.html

http://www.joyofbaking.com/ChocolateMintSquares.html

those are some recipes i found for you!!! hope you find a good one! miss the hell outta you......

By Blogger Pissed Off, at 12:13 PM  

aw! that's so sweet of you.

Thanks, lady, & miss you, too!

-c

By Blogger regina, at 3:52 PM  

now it is YOUR turn to write something!!! I wrote a short one tonight.

By Blogger Pissed Off, at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?