Saturday, December 16, 2006
Big Red Bows
You know what's funny about movies and books, and why I can't write any? Because they always have some kind of ending. This won't be original at all. I just finished watching The United States of Leland, and the movie already said sort of what I've been thinking about, except hopefully not in that extreme, psychotic way. But I think the point of the movie was that it wasn't psychotic. That people were "only human." Anyway ...
I can't write anything of importance, because the important stuff isn't ready to be written about. And by the time the important stuff is ready, it will seem irrelevant because of other important stuff going on.
Ellen and I used to talk about that sometimes, mostly, when Ellen and I used to talk. We'd talk about how the movie never ended. The curtain never closed. Things would keep happening. Life would go the fuck on.
It's not like it's a terrible thing; life is wonderful. In fact, in my worst times ever since I was old enough to understand what and when exactly the worst times were, that was when I was most grateful to be alive.
Which, it's funny that I'm saying that even, because I guess that's what Josh's fortune cookie told him when I read his blog several hours ago. I honestly didn't begin writing this with the intention of that, of echoing that sentiment, but now it's staring me down, and floating past me, and it's out there I guess, on its way to hit somebody else.
Maybe you.
And whatever the point of this is, I know that sometimes the point may not be for me or for you, but for something or someone else completely.
And suddenly, things don't seem so accidental.
You know what's funny about movies and books, and why I can't write any? Because they always have some kind of ending. This won't be original at all. I just finished watching The United States of Leland, and the movie already said sort of what I've been thinking about, except hopefully not in that extreme, psychotic way. But I think the point of the movie was that it wasn't psychotic. That people were "only human." Anyway ...
I can't write anything of importance, because the important stuff isn't ready to be written about. And by the time the important stuff is ready, it will seem irrelevant because of other important stuff going on.
Ellen and I used to talk about that sometimes, mostly, when Ellen and I used to talk. We'd talk about how the movie never ended. The curtain never closed. Things would keep happening. Life would go the fuck on.
It's not like it's a terrible thing; life is wonderful. In fact, in my worst times ever since I was old enough to understand what and when exactly the worst times were, that was when I was most grateful to be alive.
Which, it's funny that I'm saying that even, because I guess that's what Josh's fortune cookie told him when I read his blog several hours ago. I honestly didn't begin writing this with the intention of that, of echoing that sentiment, but now it's staring me down, and floating past me, and it's out there I guess, on its way to hit somebody else.
Maybe you.
And whatever the point of this is, I know that sometimes the point may not be for me or for you, but for something or someone else completely.
And suddenly, things don't seem so accidental.
Labels: Movies