<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Yes, I've been to the rodeo before.

My heart's got a guard, and baby, he's all in
All in, guarding my heart
He's got knives and guns and swords and shields,
He's got the drive to fight
To protect what's mine.
My heart's got a guard, baby,
My heart's got a guard
To fight for me in the night.
With the armor closing in,
There's no need for any arms
To wrap around what they can't touch.
And if I wake up lonely,
My heart'll beat within me,
And my soul won't wilter
But only strengthen,
And my brain won't stray,
But remain in tact,
While the guardian of my heart waits to attack.

***

When we first got together it took me a long time to open up. it was one of few times I hesitated with the whole love thing. I'm pretty guarded now. You know, it's not like the first or second time. You get to feeling these things have an end.

It's okay, though. because i think i am happier without him, although i miss him sometimes.

He used to tell me he wanted me to be all in, because he was all in. and that we needed to be honest with each other and talk about everything. He said he liked it when i told him the things i didn't want to tell him. you know, the things about yourself you keep close to you.

And i used to say that i was scared. That as soon as I was all in he would change his mind. And I'd be all in, and alone.

And sometimes i think i was right. a lot of the time.

Labels: ,


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?