Tuesday, January 17, 2006
She'll hang the baskets on the wall ...
I know I haven't been posting much.
When I'm not just plain not feeling like it, I'm busy.
Making changes again.
Sorta like jumping out of airplane. I've never done that. But I've never done this either.
I'm doing a lot of new things.
Looking for a job. I quit Slicks. I'm looking for a nine-to-fiver. I've got a resume, and I've got teeth. I'm getting better at this. It's definitely stressful. But I'm doing something right because I've had four interviews in the week that I've been on the job market. That's pretty rad.
I'm not bragging. Yesterday I wrote on my MySpace blog that I'm a scared little rabbit, actually.
But I'm trying to learn how to sell myself. I'm trying to be more assertive. To be a go-getter. I think that's who I am, or who I could be, when I'm not wavering.
I started out, and still am, looking for any sort of entry-level job. But what I really want to do is marketing, so I'm pushing for that.
I'm taking this semester off from school because I have been financially irresponsible. I could beat myself up about that, or I could just shrug it off. I'm somewhere in the middle.
But I'm graduating in like a year. Two, three semesters tops. I'm so almost done. It feels good. So I think when I go back in the fall, if not the summer, either way the next academic year will be my last for awhile.
And I love to dream. I still do it all the time. About being a rock star, or falling in love, or taking off and going to Japan.
Even marrying Clark Kent. I think I've fallen in love with Superman.
And when I'm not doing all this shit, I'm listening to Cake. Fucken A, they're awesome. So I'll leave you with this song, which I think about sums up why I don't really mind being single:
"She'll Hang the Baskets"
She'll hang the baskets on the walls --
Don't you know I've seen it all before?
She'll hang the baskets on the walls.
But I've seen it all before,
Heard the slamming of the door --
Come summer, come fall,
Come winter, there'll be baskets on the floor.
He'll go to buy her turtle wax,
But in his mind he won't be coming back.
She'll hang the baskets on the walls,
But I've seen it all before,
Heard the slamming of the door --
Come summer, come fall,
Come winter, there'll be baskets on the floor ...
But I've seen it all before,
Heard the slamming of the door --
Come summer, come fall,
Come winter, there'll be baskets on the floor.
She'll hang the baskets on the wall,
She'll hang the baskets on the wall.
I know I haven't been posting much.
When I'm not just plain not feeling like it, I'm busy.
Making changes again.
Sorta like jumping out of airplane. I've never done that. But I've never done this either.
I'm doing a lot of new things.
Looking for a job. I quit Slicks. I'm looking for a nine-to-fiver. I've got a resume, and I've got teeth. I'm getting better at this. It's definitely stressful. But I'm doing something right because I've had four interviews in the week that I've been on the job market. That's pretty rad.
I'm not bragging. Yesterday I wrote on my MySpace blog that I'm a scared little rabbit, actually.
But I'm trying to learn how to sell myself. I'm trying to be more assertive. To be a go-getter. I think that's who I am, or who I could be, when I'm not wavering.
I started out, and still am, looking for any sort of entry-level job. But what I really want to do is marketing, so I'm pushing for that.
I'm taking this semester off from school because I have been financially irresponsible. I could beat myself up about that, or I could just shrug it off. I'm somewhere in the middle.
But I'm graduating in like a year. Two, three semesters tops. I'm so almost done. It feels good. So I think when I go back in the fall, if not the summer, either way the next academic year will be my last for awhile.
And I love to dream. I still do it all the time. About being a rock star, or falling in love, or taking off and going to Japan.
Even marrying Clark Kent. I think I've fallen in love with Superman.
And when I'm not doing all this shit, I'm listening to Cake. Fucken A, they're awesome. So I'll leave you with this song, which I think about sums up why I don't really mind being single:
"She'll Hang the Baskets"
She'll hang the baskets on the walls --
Don't you know I've seen it all before?
She'll hang the baskets on the walls.
But I've seen it all before,
Heard the slamming of the door --
Come summer, come fall,
Come winter, there'll be baskets on the floor.
He'll go to buy her turtle wax,
But in his mind he won't be coming back.
She'll hang the baskets on the walls,
But I've seen it all before,
Heard the slamming of the door --
Come summer, come fall,
Come winter, there'll be baskets on the floor ...
But I've seen it all before,
Heard the slamming of the door --
Come summer, come fall,
Come winter, there'll be baskets on the floor.
She'll hang the baskets on the wall,
She'll hang the baskets on the wall.
Labels: Cake, MySpace, Superman, Work
2 Comments:
Do what you have to do, we still love you doll. Get a real job (try Officeteam), get the school finished (when you can), and get a life that lets you make music BECAUSE YOU LOVE IT, and not for any other reason!
Good Luck!
-Dave
By , at 12:49 AM
Cake! Yeah! I'm happy for you, Cara. I know you can do it!
By , at 2:57 PM
