Thursday, April 21, 2005
Wanna always feel like part of this. was. mine.
wanna fall in love tonight ...
Ah, yes. Now, I recently read a post on a friend's blog about his favorite songs. Got me thinking about what my favorite songs are. That's fucking hard. Having a top 10 bands is agonizing enough as it is. Especially since the list I have doesn't even feel honest, since some of them were my favorites a few years ago and I get too nostalgic when I think about it to change them. Anyway, here's my effort. I'm just going to go with my favorite songs this very moment, no strings. Keep in mind I'm tired as shit and debatably (? hah) drunk.
In no particular order:
1. "Hit or Miss" -- New Found Glory. OK, this is THE BEST song ever.
2. "Man and Wife, the latter (Damaged Goods)" by Desaparecidos.
3. "The Martyr" by Cursive
4. "The Good Life" by Weezer, a toss-up between that, "El Scorcho," and "Only in Dreams" (i told you i am bad at this. i just can't give more than one of the top 10 to one band, agh).
5. "Transatlanticm" by Death Cab for Cutie, or any songs off the Transatlanticism album for that matter, especially "Passenger Seat," or "Song for Kelly Huckaby".
6. "Move to Bremerton" by mxpx
7. This is hard. Fuck it. More New Found Glory. Suckas. I'll have to go with "My Friends Over You!," "Failure's Not Flattering," "Forget My Name" or "Who am I?" Yep.
8. Blondie -- "Accidents Never Happen." Hands. Fucking. Down.
9. Ani Difranco -- "Gravel"
10. The Rolling Stones -- "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" Fuck yeah.
Um, some more that come to mind:
*Pretty Girls Make Graves -- "The Getaway"
*The Roots -- "The Seed 2.0 (feat. Cody Chestnutt)"
*Jill Scott -- "Love Rain"
*The Beatles -- "Hey Jude", "Can't Buy Me Love", "Eleanor Rigby." Oh, man.
*Radiohead -- "Knives Out." Anything off The Bends. "Karma Police."
*The Police -- just about anything off the classics. ah.
i'm tired now. this makes my brain hurt. let's not forget all the really excellent rilo kiley songs, and there are many. MANY. arg.
now i have "De do do do, De da da da" in my head, so I'ma say I'm listenin' to that, K? Bye.
Agh! And I almost forgot JEW! the song I made reference to in this very title. "A Praise Chorus." Thank you.
Also would like to recommend "What do I get?" by the Buzzcocks, "C30 C60 C90" by Bow Wow Wow. Yep. "Black Balloon" by The Goo Goo Dolls. What muthafuckas? And what. And also "Santa Monica" and "White Men in Black Suits" by Everclear. And I'm pretty sure anything off Building Something Out of Nothing by Modest Mouse would work. Or "Bury Me with it" off the most recent album. And I know I'm missing many a Cake song. I need to stop now or I'll never sleep.
Thaaaaank you.
wanna fall in love tonight ...
Ah, yes. Now, I recently read a post on a friend's blog about his favorite songs. Got me thinking about what my favorite songs are. That's fucking hard. Having a top 10 bands is agonizing enough as it is. Especially since the list I have doesn't even feel honest, since some of them were my favorites a few years ago and I get too nostalgic when I think about it to change them. Anyway, here's my effort. I'm just going to go with my favorite songs this very moment, no strings. Keep in mind I'm tired as shit and debatably (? hah) drunk.
In no particular order:
1. "Hit or Miss" -- New Found Glory. OK, this is THE BEST song ever.
2. "Man and Wife, the latter (Damaged Goods)" by Desaparecidos.
3. "The Martyr" by Cursive
4. "The Good Life" by Weezer, a toss-up between that, "El Scorcho," and "Only in Dreams" (i told you i am bad at this. i just can't give more than one of the top 10 to one band, agh).
5. "Transatlanticm" by Death Cab for Cutie, or any songs off the Transatlanticism album for that matter, especially "Passenger Seat," or "Song for Kelly Huckaby".
6. "Move to Bremerton" by mxpx
7. This is hard. Fuck it. More New Found Glory. Suckas. I'll have to go with "My Friends Over You!," "Failure's Not Flattering," "Forget My Name" or "Who am I?" Yep.
8. Blondie -- "Accidents Never Happen." Hands. Fucking. Down.
9. Ani Difranco -- "Gravel"
10. The Rolling Stones -- "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" Fuck yeah.
Um, some more that come to mind:
*Pretty Girls Make Graves -- "The Getaway"
*The Roots -- "The Seed 2.0 (feat. Cody Chestnutt)"
*Jill Scott -- "Love Rain"
*The Beatles -- "Hey Jude", "Can't Buy Me Love", "Eleanor Rigby." Oh, man.
*Radiohead -- "Knives Out." Anything off The Bends. "Karma Police."
*The Police -- just about anything off the classics. ah.
i'm tired now. this makes my brain hurt. let's not forget all the really excellent rilo kiley songs, and there are many. MANY. arg.
now i have "De do do do, De da da da" in my head, so I'ma say I'm listenin' to that, K? Bye.
Agh! And I almost forgot JEW! the song I made reference to in this very title. "A Praise Chorus." Thank you.
Also would like to recommend "What do I get?" by the Buzzcocks, "C30 C60 C90" by Bow Wow Wow. Yep. "Black Balloon" by The Goo Goo Dolls. What muthafuckas? And what. And also "Santa Monica" and "White Men in Black Suits" by Everclear. And I'm pretty sure anything off Building Something Out of Nothing by Modest Mouse would work. Or "Bury Me with it" off the most recent album. And I know I'm missing many a Cake song. I need to stop now or I'll never sleep.
Thaaaaank you.