Tuesday, March 01, 2005
My Friends Over You!
I've been listening to New Found Glory a lot, and I have just realized they are concept album writing kings. I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner. I mean, I thought Catalyst was brilliant, but both Catalyst and Sticks and Stones are thematically sound.
Conor Oberst once said in an interview that every album should be a concept album, unless you're just an artist setting out to write singles. Pretentious bastard. Hey, I can say these things about him because I actually never wanted to sleep with him, like every other emo girl.
OK, well, maybe a little. Like at the Desaparecidos show when he actually wasn't a huge icon yet, and I could have met him at Mary Janes had I not been so shy. And indifferent. To be honest, Jeff drooled over him more than I did. He was like, "Conor, blah, blah, blah ...." But damn, that man had some sexy eyes.
Meh. In other news, I've decided I've been acting like a tard in at least two situations I've recently written about here, and since I guess I'm going for a little more continuity with this blog lately, I will have you know this has to do mostly with the newspaper and Jeff.
They started a group for the paper on MySpace, and a couple people invited me to join it awhile ago, but I didn't. Since then, a few more people have written to me and added me to their friends. So, I was like, OK.
Plus, I might just have to try my hand at editing again. Soon. Because after doing it for so long, it never goes away. I still edit everything I read, especially my Media and Society textbook, which is in dire need of help. For real. So, before the editor-ness starts to drive me crazy, it would be nice to get paid to use it again.
Mmm ... playing God with other people's words. It just doesn't get much better than that.
Oh, and Jeff. Yeah, neurotic behavior, no matter how becoming, has never been a good look for me. It's like my least favorite. Plus, life's an adventure, right? And I like to think that if one is ever afraid to do something, there is no better reason to do it. Gets me in trouble sometimes, but when you're young what else have you got to do? Besides, if he's prepared to fuck shit up worse, then so am I.
I'm all about being healthy. Nothing like forming good ole healthy relations with those whose hearts you've broken along with your own.
It's only Tuesday, but I'm so ready to go dancing this weekend.
I've been listening to New Found Glory a lot, and I have just realized they are concept album writing kings. I don't know why I didn't realize this sooner. I mean, I thought Catalyst was brilliant, but both Catalyst and Sticks and Stones are thematically sound.
Conor Oberst once said in an interview that every album should be a concept album, unless you're just an artist setting out to write singles. Pretentious bastard. Hey, I can say these things about him because I actually never wanted to sleep with him, like every other emo girl.
OK, well, maybe a little. Like at the Desaparecidos show when he actually wasn't a huge icon yet, and I could have met him at Mary Janes had I not been so shy. And indifferent. To be honest, Jeff drooled over him more than I did. He was like, "Conor, blah, blah, blah ...." But damn, that man had some sexy eyes.
Meh. In other news, I've decided I've been acting like a tard in at least two situations I've recently written about here, and since I guess I'm going for a little more continuity with this blog lately, I will have you know this has to do mostly with the newspaper and Jeff.
They started a group for the paper on MySpace, and a couple people invited me to join it awhile ago, but I didn't. Since then, a few more people have written to me and added me to their friends. So, I was like, OK.
Plus, I might just have to try my hand at editing again. Soon. Because after doing it for so long, it never goes away. I still edit everything I read, especially my Media and Society textbook, which is in dire need of help. For real. So, before the editor-ness starts to drive me crazy, it would be nice to get paid to use it again.
Mmm ... playing God with other people's words. It just doesn't get much better than that.
Oh, and Jeff. Yeah, neurotic behavior, no matter how becoming, has never been a good look for me. It's like my least favorite. Plus, life's an adventure, right? And I like to think that if one is ever afraid to do something, there is no better reason to do it. Gets me in trouble sometimes, but when you're young what else have you got to do? Besides, if he's prepared to fuck shit up worse, then so am I.
I'm all about being healthy. Nothing like forming good ole healthy relations with those whose hearts you've broken along with your own.
It's only Tuesday, but I'm so ready to go dancing this weekend.
1 Comments:
Dude, I know right. Fevers, mirrors, clocks. What the hell was going on with that shit? But ... I still kinda like it.
Yeah, I wrote Jeff back, and then he wrote me back, and now I'm thinking, Welp, I have absolutely nothing to say to you. So I'm back at square one. He's not going to camp, though. Phew!
Hey, you got a new picture! It's so player.
