<$BlogRSDURL$>

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Top 10 Reasons Ben Gibbard and I are getting married:

1. He has the sweetest voice in the world.

2. They had a bad case of the nostalgic blues ... (All-time Quarterback)

3. When every Thursday I'd break those mountain passes, and you'd skip your early classes, and we'd learn how our bodies worked. ("We Looked Like Giants": All right, that's kind of cheesy, but it's also kinda hot.)

4. I want to take you far from these cynics in this town, and kiss you on the mouth. We'll cut our bodies free from the tethers of this scene. Start a brand new colony. Where everything will change. We'll give ourselves new names. Identities erased, the sun will heat the ground under our bare feet in this brand new colony ... everything will change. (Sigh. "Brand New Colony." From start to finish. I'd cut off my left arm to marry someone as attractive as Rodney Dangerfield if he could write me a song like that.)

5. Everyone knows this one. I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images, and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned. ("Such Great Heights")

6. Who Wouldn't?

7. He got us free water. Last time Death Cab came to Houston, they played Numbers with Pretty Girls Make Graves. The venue was really hot, and in the middle of a song someone near the back of the audience screamed because a girl was passing out. The band stopped in the middle of what they were playing to help. He asked the club's staff to get everyone water, and they did. They brought out boxes of cold bottled water and handed them out to most of the crowd. Then they picked up exactly where they left off with their music.

8. He lives in Seattle on Capital Hill. And I want to move to Seattle, so there you have it. And then we can take long walks on the Belltown streets, and take the ferry for a romantic day in Bellingham, where we would go to the park by the bay and play songs to each other.

9. OK, we've quoted some favorite lyrics here, but let's not forget everything else he's ever done.

10. He could sing me to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?