<$BlogRSDURL$>

Sunday, February 27, 2005

Hooray for Happy Thoughts!

These things made me insanely, incredibly, dorkily happy this week:

I. Left-handed Monkey

So, I was walking around Montrose on Thursday and I noticed there's a new thrift store where Chemistry Records used to be. And it's called The Left-handed Monkey. That just made me really happy. I wanted to tell everyone.

II. Goddamned Genius

I got my first A this semester. On my Italian test I took a couple weeks ago over l'imperfetto. Che sempliche! Mi sono molto intelligente, si. I've been kind of discouraged because my first couple grades weren't so good. This just gave me a little validation that my hard work is paying off. Italian's been kicking my ass. But it looks like the times are a'changin'. Rad.

III. Record Store Fun

So, Thursday, while I was in town, I stopped by Half-Price books and bought three CDs. This made me so happy. I've been in withdrawals for music. I haven't been to a show since December, and last fall I was going to at least one a week. Quite a change. I don't remember the last time I bought a new CD, which was really makin' me sad. They make me really happy, though.

Most of my friends would probably disown me for the ones I ended up getting, though: New Found Glory, Sticks and Stones; JamisonParker, Notes and Photographs; and Puff Daddy and the Family, No Way Out, but please don't tell anyone.

I've been wanting that NFG album since it came out a few years ago. I remember listening to the whole thing online; I just never got around to buying it. It's awesome, though. "Understatement" and "Forget My Name" and "My Friends Over You" just rock my socks.

The Puff Daddy one is way not good, but it makes me happy anyway. It's just got a couple old-school songs on it that bring out the Alief in me. I can remember hearing "It's All About the Benjamin's" in Driver's Ed when I was like 17. My sister and I jammed it in her car the other day. Ha, I am lame.

I have to say, surprisingly, my favorite of the three is the JamisonParker one. They added me on MySpace, and I checked out their music there and on PureVolume. And I instantly liked it. I love that feeling. When you get some new music, and you're just like, Yes! This is exactly what I've been wanting to hear! I'm going to have to write to them, and tell them how much I think it rules. Seriously, if Ben Gibbard doesn't marry me, I might just have to marry them. :)

IV. New Friends

I made two really excellent friends this week: Marshall, and Sean. I met Marshall on MySpace, and we're supposed to meet up at UH. He actually doesn't know I'm a complete and total dork yet, so we'll see. Sean is Anja's roommate. I met him at Numbers a couple weeks ago, but last Friday I saw him again, and we ended up talking quite a bit. He's way cool too.

V. Gizoogle!

This site is so much fun. It makes me laugh uncontrollably (Thanks, Marshall). Dude, seriously, I gizoogled my site, and some of Allen Ginsberg's poetry, and some quotes by Kurt Vonnegut. But I think my favorite was the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. I know where I'm going next time I need to procrastinate from doing anything. Rock on.

VI. I am moving again!

So, I talked to my sister, and I'm going to rent a room from her house in Montrose. It's going to kick so much ass. They already cleaned it out for me, so I'll probably be there starting next weekend. OMG, did I mention how much it is going to rule? 'Cause, yeah, it kinda is. You bet it is. Arrivederci, Alief. I've got places to be, yo.

VII. Old Friends

This weekend has been so awesome. Started on Thursday with Randy visiting from Oregon. Then on Friday I just saw so many people. My sisters and I got together, all three of us, for the first time in we didn't know how long. We just shot the shit at House of Guys. We really needed that. Then that night I went to Numbers and saw my friends, but not before I stopped by Slicks. There I visited my old regulars and coworkers. I might go back there on weekends to be a shotgirl. Scott asked me too. Scott and I used to wait tables together, but he's the baller manager now. It'll just be cool to live nearby and get to see those folks more often.

VIII. Coffee!

Merideth and I are going out for coffee in just a little while. I don't know what's better than that. We've been getting coffee together every Sunday, it seems like. I've started to look forward to it a lot. I hope when I'm back on the other side of town, we will still make the effort to hang out as much. We decided New Year's that we would, and we really have.

Well, you guys, that's about it. Talk to you soon. XOXO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?