Sunday, February 13, 2005
Ah!
So, I added comments, and then neglected to post anything that could possibly provoke a comment. Eh.
I'm trying to get out of this stand still that I'm in. It's like the world is moving, and I'm caught in the middle of it. I'm sure there's a parallel in physics, but I'm not up on my science. But I do know that it has something to do with force being applied to an object on opposite sides.
I'm feeling so restless today. And bored. It's not like the stuck at home kind of bored. I got to see my friends a lot in the past few days. It's amazing how social I've become. This time last year I spent many empty hours at my apartment, ignoring just about all my phone calls.
You know that thing when you have a series of light bulbs go off in your head? Ding, ding, ding. I've had lots of them in the last few days. This week really. Now I'm just sort of breaking the news to people.
Namely, Nikki. Or, not Nikki. I need to talk to Nikki, but we've both been in kind of the same position, and it's a hard one, so I don't know how I'm going to do it.
I talk to Nikki all the time. She's my best friend.
The problem is how do you tell your best friend you've changed your mind?
I want to move back on campus. It's crazy. I'll be 25. But I do. Since school started I walk around, and I love it there.
I have to do for me, you know?
Campus is like a big park. With the birds and the squirrels and the grassy places. I want to hang out there, and play my guitar, and listen to some music. Lie down by the Satellite and close my eyes and make believe it's a Washington hill. I do.
And then I want to graduate, and close my eyes, and wake-up to the sweet sound of the Washington wind.
Today is the perfect day for a ferry ride. The rain has stopped, and there's a breeze in the air. I could picture the silvery textures and lines of the sailboats in the distance. The seagulls flying above the water. And the way the sunlight hits the glass windows of the Seattle skyscrapers. Fucking amazing.
So, I added comments, and then neglected to post anything that could possibly provoke a comment. Eh.
I'm trying to get out of this stand still that I'm in. It's like the world is moving, and I'm caught in the middle of it. I'm sure there's a parallel in physics, but I'm not up on my science. But I do know that it has something to do with force being applied to an object on opposite sides.
I'm feeling so restless today. And bored. It's not like the stuck at home kind of bored. I got to see my friends a lot in the past few days. It's amazing how social I've become. This time last year I spent many empty hours at my apartment, ignoring just about all my phone calls.
You know that thing when you have a series of light bulbs go off in your head? Ding, ding, ding. I've had lots of them in the last few days. This week really. Now I'm just sort of breaking the news to people.
Namely, Nikki. Or, not Nikki. I need to talk to Nikki, but we've both been in kind of the same position, and it's a hard one, so I don't know how I'm going to do it.
I talk to Nikki all the time. She's my best friend.
The problem is how do you tell your best friend you've changed your mind?
I want to move back on campus. It's crazy. I'll be 25. But I do. Since school started I walk around, and I love it there.
I have to do for me, you know?
Campus is like a big park. With the birds and the squirrels and the grassy places. I want to hang out there, and play my guitar, and listen to some music. Lie down by the Satellite and close my eyes and make believe it's a Washington hill. I do.
And then I want to graduate, and close my eyes, and wake-up to the sweet sound of the Washington wind.
Today is the perfect day for a ferry ride. The rain has stopped, and there's a breeze in the air. I could picture the silvery textures and lines of the sailboats in the distance. The seagulls flying above the water. And the way the sunlight hits the glass windows of the Seattle skyscrapers. Fucking amazing.