<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 16, 2004

I am not Rob Gordon

A while back, I took this quiz, and this is what I got:


Which John Cusack Are You?


Admittedly, I thought that was hilarious at the time. I even posted it on my MySpace blog. And I was like, "Aha. Aha. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha."

But you know what? I am not Rob Gordon. Rob Gordon's a goddamn asshole. I mean, did you see that movie? It's one of my favorite books and movies. Great story. Great characters. And fucking real to life. And the soundtrack kicks fucking ass. But Rob Gordon was a fucking fucktard. He cheated on Laura. He made her feel like shit. He was neurotic and self-absorbed. And remember the thing about the abortion, and the money he borrowed? WHAT A FUCK!

But still, he was human, and you grow to love him anyway. Grrrrrrrr.

But you know who fucking rules? Bridget Jones. She's witty, and intelligent, and she has good intentions. And she has the greatest, coolest fucking friends. And she has fine fashion sense; it was her mother always trying to get her to wear those goddamned awful clothes.

But damn if she isn't amazing.

It was those around her who were so messed up, and the fact that she internalized it all and so often thought something must be wrong with her that were wrong.

I want to be as cool as Bridget Jones. Fuck it, I am. Even if I, like her, will spend New Years drinking a bottle of wine alone. It'll be a happy goddam new year, because at least I won't have to worry about if some asshole is having a good time, or if he will call me in the morning.

Fuck all that.

FUCK. IT.

FUCKIN RIGHT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?