Wednesday, October 06, 2004
The Good Life
I met Tim Kasher tonight and I thanked him for inspiring me. He had a firm handshake and he looked me in the eye with a smile, and told me to keep writing.
When I talked to Roger about being on the road, he said he missed his dog, James.
Seeing my ex at the show was like revisiting a dream. Do you know those dreams? The ones where you know everyone by name, while consciously knowing that you won't know them when you wake up? It was kind of like that.
Afterward, I jammed a little with my friend. It looks like I'm starting a band. I've got a couple things, but I have found a person to play with who really seems to want to go in the same direction musically, and that is just so exciting.
Everyone at the new job thinks I'm crazy because I'm a workaholic. The truth is I've always sort of been one, and the fact that I'm not in school right now makes it worse. I apply the attitude that if I'm not making money I'll just be out spending it. Add the fact that I'm single. I ask myself what else I've got to do.
Don't get me wrong, though. I've been hanging out with my friends more and more. It's really good, because I'm progressing from a time where I locked myself away or forced myself to be social a lot.
It's a little selfish. The hugs, the laughter. I'm eating them up right now. I haven't felt this way in a long time. You know, the feeling that life as it is can be enough sometimes. It can be good.
I met Tim Kasher tonight and I thanked him for inspiring me. He had a firm handshake and he looked me in the eye with a smile, and told me to keep writing.
When I talked to Roger about being on the road, he said he missed his dog, James.
Seeing my ex at the show was like revisiting a dream. Do you know those dreams? The ones where you know everyone by name, while consciously knowing that you won't know them when you wake up? It was kind of like that.
Afterward, I jammed a little with my friend. It looks like I'm starting a band. I've got a couple things, but I have found a person to play with who really seems to want to go in the same direction musically, and that is just so exciting.
Everyone at the new job thinks I'm crazy because I'm a workaholic. The truth is I've always sort of been one, and the fact that I'm not in school right now makes it worse. I apply the attitude that if I'm not making money I'll just be out spending it. Add the fact that I'm single. I ask myself what else I've got to do.
Don't get me wrong, though. I've been hanging out with my friends more and more. It's really good, because I'm progressing from a time where I locked myself away or forced myself to be social a lot.
It's a little selfish. The hugs, the laughter. I'm eating them up right now. I haven't felt this way in a long time. You know, the feeling that life as it is can be enough sometimes. It can be good.