Tuesday, August 17, 2004
She said it's damn fine
I'm here. I am home.
My car cooperated. It even went 90 some, but no speed could have brought me here fast enough. At one point the road twisted and I dreamed awake about jumping out and flapping my arms just to get here faster.
I made it in two-and-a-half tapes. The road was a rock 'n' roll show, littering my head with excited screams. Rather than fighting it I let it all out. Catcalls and all.
It's damn fine to be alive.
I'm here. I am home.
My car cooperated. It even went 90 some, but no speed could have brought me here fast enough. At one point the road twisted and I dreamed awake about jumping out and flapping my arms just to get here faster.
I made it in two-and-a-half tapes. The road was a rock 'n' roll show, littering my head with excited screams. Rather than fighting it I let it all out. Catcalls and all.
It's damn fine to be alive.