<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

You want some more?

I found my CDs. Listening to The Execution right now, in fact. And hidden with them was my Phrenology album, so you can imagine the gratitude I feel now, can you. Can You?

And I'm still playing my guitar. I've got some new riffs that I'm going to make into songs with lyrics and cool shit when I get home, which is going to rule because when I get home I'm buying an electric and an amp. And playing more. Yes.

But I am learning stuff. I brought some tabs with me, and I can now play my two favorite Bright Eyes songs. Only I want to play happy music, so I'm working on that. I wanted to learn some camp songs and my director gave me a book of them. So now we have sing-a-longs at campfire and I can play "If You're Happy and You Know it" and "This Land is Your Land" and "Home on the Range" and another song called "One Finger, One Thumb." And if I get the time I'm going to write a camp song because we don't have one and I think that's a damn shame. A crime really.

Oh, and I also bought the new Modest Mouse and Sugarcult albums and they both rule. You know, and this is not to be-rate Ben Gibbard as the songwriter of our time, but Sugarcult's breaking me to pieces and putting me back together in that same way with "Memory" and "Worst December." I don't know what life was like before them. I guess it was similar to life without this.

Oh, and Jimmy Eat World. Everybody always gives love to Clarity, including me, but lately I've been rocking Bleed American. It just makes me so happy. Like the Cracker Jacks I had at the ball game the other day.

And tonight we got the kids in bed super early as the sun slided down over the water. The day was clear and mountains were out, looking bigger than usual. It might have been the soft pink stripe fading into orange above and around them. The mountains were Periwinkle. Remember that crayon in the box of 64? It has always been one of my favorites. It looked like some really talented artist cut out cardboard and painted it. Except that the artist just tries to express what it sees so it can be shared. The humanity you can find in nature is a beautiful thing. Very hopeful indeed.

If you're still with me, know that I miss you. Peace and color in your dreams. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?