Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Don't Say it'll Stay This Way Forever
Listening to that song over and over again doesn't help ... that album really. But I had to hear pop punk tonight.
I just realized today that I only have one full day off in the next six weeks. That day is July 24.
Three other thoughts do not make me happy:
1) I broke my Takeoffs and Landings album.
2) I can't find The Execution of All Things.
3) Transatlanticism and The Execution must have gone parasailing together er something, which leaves me minus both Rilo Kiley albums and the latest Death Cab release. What's a girl to do.
I have been to Seattle twice now and I still have not met Ben Gibbard, so we haven't set a wedding date yet ...
However, Seattle is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I am head over heels. When I walk down the streets my heart pants, and I seriously don't just think it's the hills that do that to me.
I already know my way around half the city. I took many detours off from my friends just to hang out lonestyle and shit. Two things were disappointing. One, I have lost all hope of finding any remotely good Mexican food in the Pacific Northwest. But the mountainous views and all have to compensate for something (though I'm not sure it's that). Also, well, I already forgot the other one so it must not be that important ...
I love, did I say love? absolutely love Belltown. And the little Belltown paper. It's online, but I forgot what it's called. Imagine, a tiny community paper with more than decent writing and editing. It made me happy. And there are coffee shops on every corner. Sometimes more. And do you know how many people said hello to me and smiled on the street in the morning? A whole lot. I'm not sure if everybody there does that though. They might have just been amused by my small girl, big city, wide-eyed, dreamy, giddy look. I know I smiled at them ...
Seattle must be one of the top 10 most romantic places to be in the world, which you think would suck when you are so alone as I am, but it didn't.
I watched the fireworks on Elliot Bay on the 4th. Their reflections glistened on the water and reflected on the sides of the boats and in the eyes of children sitting with their parents near me on the grass. I wanted to videotape it all in my mind. I saved a little bit.
Beautiful Losers is going to break me if it doesn't heal me. I would link it but I'm lazy. If you haven't read it you should because Leonard Cohen just might be one of our gods or angels or something.
I've been thinking about that a lot -- god and angels. Haven't figured it out yet. But you know what I have decided?
That this is too long, and so I am going to end here. Goodnight world. I love you.
Listening to that song over and over again doesn't help ... that album really. But I had to hear pop punk tonight.
I just realized today that I only have one full day off in the next six weeks. That day is July 24.
Three other thoughts do not make me happy:
1) I broke my Takeoffs and Landings album.
2) I can't find The Execution of All Things.
3) Transatlanticism and The Execution must have gone parasailing together er something, which leaves me minus both Rilo Kiley albums and the latest Death Cab release. What's a girl to do.
I have been to Seattle twice now and I still have not met Ben Gibbard, so we haven't set a wedding date yet ...
However, Seattle is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I am head over heels. When I walk down the streets my heart pants, and I seriously don't just think it's the hills that do that to me.
I already know my way around half the city. I took many detours off from my friends just to hang out lonestyle and shit. Two things were disappointing. One, I have lost all hope of finding any remotely good Mexican food in the Pacific Northwest. But the mountainous views and all have to compensate for something (though I'm not sure it's that). Also, well, I already forgot the other one so it must not be that important ...
I love, did I say love? absolutely love Belltown. And the little Belltown paper. It's online, but I forgot what it's called. Imagine, a tiny community paper with more than decent writing and editing. It made me happy. And there are coffee shops on every corner. Sometimes more. And do you know how many people said hello to me and smiled on the street in the morning? A whole lot. I'm not sure if everybody there does that though. They might have just been amused by my small girl, big city, wide-eyed, dreamy, giddy look. I know I smiled at them ...
Seattle must be one of the top 10 most romantic places to be in the world, which you think would suck when you are so alone as I am, but it didn't.
I watched the fireworks on Elliot Bay on the 4th. Their reflections glistened on the water and reflected on the sides of the boats and in the eyes of children sitting with their parents near me on the grass. I wanted to videotape it all in my mind. I saved a little bit.
Beautiful Losers is going to break me if it doesn't heal me. I would link it but I'm lazy. If you haven't read it you should because Leonard Cohen just might be one of our gods or angels or something.
I've been thinking about that a lot -- god and angels. Haven't figured it out yet. But you know what I have decided?
That this is too long, and so I am going to end here. Goodnight world. I love you.