<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

The Bright Side

Ladies and gentlemen, did I mention how much I love it here? Because I do. We have a theme every week, and last week we had Pirate Week because during the second week I kept telling all these shitty pirate jokes and it ruled. All the cabins made pirate ships and hats and stuff in arts and crafts. I mean, Arrrrrrts and Crrraaafts. Cause we said almost everything in a pirate voice. And at the end of the week two pirate counselors had to walk the plank for putting their elbows on the table too many times at lunch. So they walked the pier and jumped into the Bay's 45 degree water and swam back.

Lalala.

This week is circus week. Luckily we don't really have campers who are afraid of clowns ...

And at night, every night when I don't have to sleep in the cabin, the Bay sings to me in the language only nature understands. You can see lights in the distance over the black rhythmic waters. And if the fog is low the mountaintop sillouettes watch over the land like angels. The stars all come out to light your path and put on a shooting star show for amateur gazers. And on the pier, you can look up and just take in the images as much as you can in your mind while you rock out the music you've been missing or have some of the best conversations you've ever had in your life.

And then you can go to bed in a warm and cozy sleeping bag and think about how good things can be when you look at them with the right pair of eyes.

1 Comments:

Let me tell you firsthand, that water was freezing!! Oh how I am enjoying scrolling through my past and reliving our camp days! Still the greatest summer of my life. I miss you my friend. ♥

By Blogger Momma L, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?