Wednesday, May 12, 2004
The latest and greatest
No longer a slave of ambition, I laugh at the world and its shams, As I think of my happy condition, Surrounded by acres of clams.
I am so excited about going to Washington. I got a job at a summer camp for disabled persons one hour from Seattle. I haven't been this happy about anything in a long, long time. With the breakup in January, and then my cat dying. And a lot of other things.
I really haven't been that happy with school the last couple years. The newspaper and Jeff gave me enough to think about, but after being editor and breaking up, I started thinking about what I really want to do. I've been wanting to move for some time now, but I've been afraid and stayed for other reasons. I'm so glad I found this job. I've never been to the West Coast.
After that, I'm going to take the Fall off to work and travel, and if I find a place I like, I'm going to stay there and go back to school. But I'm pretty tired of UH. I never really liked any of the degree plans here.
My Mom is being so supportive. She's always much more understanding than I think she's going to be. I thought she'd be mad about me taking time off school, but she's not at all. She said she wished she had done something like what I'm doing. A lot of people have been telling me that lately, and I feel like if I don't do it now while I don't have so many ties, I might not get the chance again.
I do have a new boyfriend. He is really great. He is smart and talented, and he inspires me a lot. He's a waiter, and a musician. He's the most amazing guitar player I've ever met in person. He's actually moving out to Austin this summer to take a couple classes at Austin Community College, and to work on his music. He's moving there with his best friend, and they are both going to go to school and play in the band at the Hard Rock Café there. We sort of met when we already were making plans to move someplace, so we're not really planning on any serious future, except to remain good friends and stay in touch. I'm going to miss him a lot, though.
No longer a slave of ambition, I laugh at the world and its shams, As I think of my happy condition, Surrounded by acres of clams.
I am so excited about going to Washington. I got a job at a summer camp for disabled persons one hour from Seattle. I haven't been this happy about anything in a long, long time. With the breakup in January, and then my cat dying. And a lot of other things.
I really haven't been that happy with school the last couple years. The newspaper and Jeff gave me enough to think about, but after being editor and breaking up, I started thinking about what I really want to do. I've been wanting to move for some time now, but I've been afraid and stayed for other reasons. I'm so glad I found this job. I've never been to the West Coast.
After that, I'm going to take the Fall off to work and travel, and if I find a place I like, I'm going to stay there and go back to school. But I'm pretty tired of UH. I never really liked any of the degree plans here.
My Mom is being so supportive. She's always much more understanding than I think she's going to be. I thought she'd be mad about me taking time off school, but she's not at all. She said she wished she had done something like what I'm doing. A lot of people have been telling me that lately, and I feel like if I don't do it now while I don't have so many ties, I might not get the chance again.
I do have a new boyfriend. He is really great. He is smart and talented, and he inspires me a lot. He's a waiter, and a musician. He's the most amazing guitar player I've ever met in person. He's actually moving out to Austin this summer to take a couple classes at Austin Community College, and to work on his music. He's moving there with his best friend, and they are both going to go to school and play in the band at the Hard Rock Café there. We sort of met when we already were making plans to move someplace, so we're not really planning on any serious future, except to remain good friends and stay in touch. I'm going to miss him a lot, though.