<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Fuck yeah

I was going to start looking for a job in Seattle today, but it turns out the listings everywhere are the same.

No matter where I go there will be classified ads.

I was stressing myself out about writing a resume, trying to get a "proper" job.

The truth is it doesn't really matter what I'd do. All I want to do is write and make music.

This is the cliché story about the girl going out to the big city to find herself. The difference is the little girl is just leaving a big city for another one.

But there's nothing wrong with wanting a new start.

I wrote another song last week. I have six now. And I just bought my guitar in March. This is what I want to do.

I'm playing my first open mic Thursday, and I'm already itching to record.

I have to do it. What have I got to lose?

Nothing. Nothing, like my pal Dave told me last night -- nothing I can't have back in three years if it doesn't work out.

I'm lucky because I know a lot of people love me. I have a lot of friends, and everyone I have played for has liked my music. Now it's time to test it out on some strangers.

And if they don't like it, someone will. And I don't care because if no one listens I'm going to do it anyway because I have to.

This is the way I look at it. I've been looking at colleges in Washington and Oregon, but I've got to work for at least a year to get in-state residency so I can afford to transfer.

And I know that a year is a long time. Look at what I've done in my life in the past six months, even. Or ten.

I might feel differently about all this in a year. I might want to come back to Texas in a year. Or six months. But I can't paralyze myself with the realization that my consciousness changes with each new experience. That's suicide. What I've got to do is go out there, go after it, find out what it is and grab it by the balls.

With every great success there is a risk ...

Wish me luck.›

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?