<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Still Rockin' Out with my Cock Out, I tell you

I wrote another song Saturday night, the night the Death Cab for Cutie show was cancelled. You know you've got it bad when you're writing a song and you're almost glad your favorite band's concert was cancelled so you can go home and finish writing it.

Something happened with the sound system at Numbers. They said the band was inside and you could meet them. I worked my way through the front door in the massive crowd of people who were all looking for Ben Gibbard and the rest of the band, no doubt, let out a fuck thissigh, and backed out into the drizzling rain toward my car and then home. I mean, I know I haven't had that many opportunities to meet Ben, but for something like that you should already know what to say in advance. Like how my friend Matt told me this totally poetic, huge compliment he gave to Orenda Fink of Azure Ray when he saw her at the last show. He's been smitten with her since he saw her play that show. Anyway, I wasn't about to wait a long time to get my moment and then make a complete and total ass of myself.

Besides, last time they played Houston I drifted somehow effortlessly from the left, almost back of the crowd to the front center row, and stared and stared so much like I'd been struck by lightning love. I couldn't even take notes in my tiny little rock journalist pad. And then afterwards, I couldn't stop thinking about him for three straight days. I felt guilty about going home with my boyfriend that night. We probably had some sex too.

Oh, well. Besides, meeting Ben Gibbard now and thinking lovey dovey thoughts about him would feel like cheating on my ne w indie rock sweetheart William Wilson. Prince William is the singer/songwriter/guitarist of Aveo, which is also on Barsuk records and is quickly becoming one of my favorite bands as well. I me t W illiam when Aveo played Odessa. I was there on Spring Break; they were on their way to play SXSW. It was fate, I tell you, fate.

I hope I don't sound like the sad groupie that I am. Damnit, the secret's out. But at least I know some things about the music and shit. Because I swear I've seen some chicks at shows who were only there to see boys, on stage and off. Prime Example: the last Bright Eyes show I went to. BB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?