Thursday, April 15, 2004
Rock Star in the Making, I swear
I came to school with nothing to do. I came to school because I needed to get out of my house. I needed to get away from my new song.
I've written three songs, and am working on the fourth. And I've only had my guitar for a few days past a month.
I wish I could say I were some kind of prodigy; I'm not. Pretty close, though. I'm going to be such a bad ass.
I'm going to rock West Texas, and then Big City Texas and then the fucking world.
Hear Me.
I spent many, many hours for three straight days on each of my first songs. It's day two for this one, and I'm getting close. It's like that feeling where you're writing a story and you can feel the climax coming and you are almost at that breaking point where the falling action needs to begin, but you can't do it because you have that feeling. You know, the feeling you have after you've studied for days with almost no sleep for a very important test. And then you're finally taking the test, and all the information's in your head but it's almost the hardest thing in the world -- just spitting it out.
So it's circling in my head. A couple riffs and the rest of what is already written. But the best part is the part that isn't finished. I love that part already. Love it.
I came to school with nothing to do. I came to school because I needed to get out of my house. I needed to get away from my new song.
I've written three songs, and am working on the fourth. And I've only had my guitar for a few days past a month.
I wish I could say I were some kind of prodigy; I'm not. Pretty close, though. I'm going to be such a bad ass.
I'm going to rock West Texas, and then Big City Texas and then the fucking world.
Hear Me.
I spent many, many hours for three straight days on each of my first songs. It's day two for this one, and I'm getting close. It's like that feeling where you're writing a story and you can feel the climax coming and you are almost at that breaking point where the falling action needs to begin, but you can't do it because you have that feeling. You know, the feeling you have after you've studied for days with almost no sleep for a very important test. And then you're finally taking the test, and all the information's in your head but it's almost the hardest thing in the world -- just spitting it out.
So it's circling in my head. A couple riffs and the rest of what is already written. But the best part is the part that isn't finished. I love that part already. Love it.